We eat a lot of chicken around here. Grilled, fried, baked. We love it all! But there’s nothing like eating some good, crunchy fried chicken with a hint of spice. That’s why I use the best crispy fried chicken recipe again and again.
Combining Panko bread crumbs into a traditional southern style frying method makes for a light and delicious crispy fried chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. But you can use this method for wings or any other part of the chicken.
Traditional Southern fried chicken combines chicken and flour as the final breading. By adding the Panko Breadcrumbs we add an additional layer of texture and crunch. I also added some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to my egg mixture. My family doesn’t like a lot of spice, but add more hot sauce to turn this into a spicy fried chicken recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
WATCH ME MAKE CRISPY PAN FRIED CHICKEN BREASTS!
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Chicken breasts, butterflied and cut into halves. Pounded to about ½ inch thick
- 2 Cups Canola or other frying oil
- Add Frank's Red Hot Sauce to eggs and salt and pepper to taste, mix to combine
- Add salt & pepper to taste into flour and Panko
- Dredge chicken filets in egg wash first, then flour and finally in the Panko breadcrumbs. Press the chicken into the breadcrumbs to thoroughly coat.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high
- Add two breast fillets at a time and cook 2.5 - 3 minutes per side