For this easy baked chicken casserole, I’m taking another recipe out of my Grandma D’s cookbook! My wife had never had chicken casserole before, so it was time to show her how versatile chicken can be, especially in a casserole dish.
I chose this recipe because it reminds me of my childhood and to be honest, chicken casserole is absolutely a Midwestern / Great Lakes comfort food! I also got to share the cooking process with my children which is extremely important to me. It’s always a joy watching the kids light up when they get to help dad in the kitchen. Minus handling the hot oven, this is a great recipe to make with children.
The chicken is moist and tender and the creamed corn adds a nice unexpected texture when combined with the breadcrumbs. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy it!
WATCH ME MAKE GRANDMA D’S EASY BAKED CHICKEN CASSEROLE HERE!
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Tabasco
- 1 Can, 14.74 OZ, Cream Style Corn
- 2 Cups Diced and Cooked Chicken
- 1 ½ Cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, Sliced
- ½ TSP Sugar
- 1 TSP Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs.
- Stir in milk, salt and Tabasco.
- Mix in corn, chicken and breadcrumbs.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Add tomato slices around the edges, sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter.
- Bake 15 more minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and spoon out servings.