Wintertime and the Christmas season just isn’t complete without sipping some delicious hot chocolate. Preferably by a fire. I make hot chocolate every year, but this time I wanted to make a truly Christmas themed drink. This Peppermint Schnapps hot chocolate is a delicious homemade hot chocolate recipe with a peppermint twist!
It’s an easy, alcoholic hot chocolate recipe using peppermint schnapps and topped with whipped cream. Even better, it’s made from scratch. For more peppermint flavor, I added a candy cane. It wasn’t just for decoration (though it was a nice Christmasey touch). Once the candy cane started to melt into the chocolate, it added an even mintier taste.
This homemade spiked hot chocolate recipe makes the perfect Christmas drink (for grownups)! Feel free to add more alcohol for a stronger drink if desired. I hope you enjoy!
WATCH ME MAKE HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS HOT CHOCOLATE!
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 OZ Peppermint Schnapps
- Optional toppings:
- Marshmallows, Whipped Cream, Peppermint Candy Cane
- Bring milk & cream to boil over medium-high heat, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and cook until chocolate chips are fully melted, constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint schnapps.
- Pour into glasses.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Add a peppermint candy cane.