It’s not Fall until you start seeing all the pumpkin flavored foods, drinks and desserts everywhere. I do a enjoy a good pumpkin pie. Another thing I enjoy eating is French Toast. So why not combine two of my favorite things? This Pumpkin French Toast recipe will give you the best of Fall in a delicious breakfast dish!
It’s like eating pumpkin pie and french toast in one, irresistible combination. The addition of the maple whipped cream is what makes this Pumpkin French Toast the ultimate Fall breakfast! Enjoy!
WATCH ME MAKE PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST!
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filing
- ½ TSP cinnamon
- ½ TSP vanilla
- ½ TSP nutmeg
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- powdered sugar, optional, to taste
- Combine pumpkin pie filling & milk with whisk
- Add 4 eggs and continue to whisk
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla & brown sugar & whisk to combine
- Dip Texas toast 1 slice at a time into French toast mixture
- Make sure both sides are coated and place on skillet
- Place each slice on buttered skillet and cook on low-medium, 4
- Cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side
- Combine heavy cream & maple syrup in mixer
- Mix until peaks form
- Serve with powdered sugar and maple whipped cream