If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive meal, look no further than this slow cooked round steak casserole recipe. This is another one of my Grandma D’s simple recipes that I enjoy making for my family. It’s pretty safe to say that they enjoy eating it even more!
It calls for an inexpensive cut of beef, the Round Steak, potatoes and onions. By slow cooking the meat it turns an otherwise tougher cut of beef into a tender, juicy treat. The steak just falls apart with a fork. Make it a hearty meal by adding in the potatoes. This is a delicious and no fuss one pot dinner that the whole family will love!
WATCH ME MAKE SLOW COOKED ROUND STEAK CASSEROLE
- 1¾ LBS Round Steak
- ¼ Cup Flour
- ¼ TSP Pepper
- 2 TSP Salt
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4 Medium Potatoes, Sliced
- 2 Medium Onions, Sliced
- 1 Can Beef Stock
- Combine flour, pepper and salt.
- Cut Round Steak into 4 Pieces.
- Dredge Steak in flour mixture.
- Turn burner on medium-high.
- In deep pot or dutch oven, brown meat for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add Beef Stock, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add Onions and Potatoes, cover & cook 35 minutes.