This slow cooker acorn squash recipe was a surprise favorite in my family. It’s hard to get my kids to eat different things (especially vegetables). But this winter squash recipe, covered with a brown sugar, cinnamon and butter glaze turned out so sweet and tender, my family couldn’t resist! They even went back for seconds!
This vegetable with a few spices and sugar makes for a sweet and earthy side dish that is super easy to make. Simple ingredients make this a great go to for a warm and delicious treat that almost feels like a dessert! This dish goes great with any meal or as part of your Thanksgiving or holiday sides. Try it out and let me know what you think.
WATCH ME MAKE SLOW COOKER ACORN SQUASH!
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Acorn Squash, Sliced and seeded
- ½ TSP Cinnamon
- ½ TSP Nutmeg
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar.
- Pour water into slow cooker.
- Place squash slices in flesh sides up.
- Top slices with butter.
- Sprinkle buttered squash with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cover and cook slow and low, 8 hours or until fork tender.