Shredded chicken nachos are a great game day meal! I love to make this on Saturdays when I’m watching college football. I can just put everything in the crockpot in the morning and have it ready to eat by halftime!
This slow cooker shredded chicken nachos recipe is so easy and full of flavor!
The chicken came out very tender and delicious. It took no effort to shred and pull apart after cooking for hours!
I think the best part of this recipe is the savory flavor of traditional Mexican cuisine with such little effort. You can serve these as nachos, tacos, burritos or whatever way you like! My wife and kids prefer spreading out some nacho chips and covering them with the shredded chicken. I prefer wrapping the filling in a flour or corn tortilla.
An easy crockpot dish that is perfect for tailgates or weekend lunches or dinners. Try it and let me know what you think!
WATCH ME MAKE SLOW COOKER SHREDDED CHICKEN NACHOS
- 3 LBS Chicken Thighs
- 2 Cans Black beans, strained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1.5 OZ
- 16 OZ Salsa
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- ¼ TSP Cumin
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Combine everything in slow cooker, putting chicken thighs on bottom.
- Cook for 4 hours on high. Stir occasionally and shred chicken.
- To serve, put some nacho chips on a plate and layer spoonful’s of filling on top of chips. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapeno peppers etc. Optionally, place a flour or corn tortilla on plate, and layer spoonful’s of filling on top of tortillas. Add any additional burrito fillings, wrap and enjoy!