Homemade pizza rolls are easy and simple to make for an afternoon snack or for dinner. It’s also a fun way to get your children involved in the cooking of your nightly meal! My kids joined me in the kitchen for this recipe and really enjoyed picking out what we stuffed their rolls with.
Just like a pizza, everyone can have the toppings of their choice. If you want a meatless stuffed pizza roll, then just fill it with your favorite veggies and cheeses (we used string cheese). My family loves meat, so for this recipe, we used ground beef and pepperoni.
This also has a short preparation and cook time, making it perfect for on-the-go families. You can always buy pizza rolls from the store, but home made is definitely a healthier alternative. Try it out with your own favorite toppings and let me know what you think!
- 1 package store bought pizza dough
- 4 mozzarella Cheese sticks, cut in half
- 2 TBSP Melted butter
- 1 can Diced tomatoes or fresh
- ½ TBSP Garlic Powder
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pepperoni, optional
- Cooked Ground Beef, optional
- Combine butter & garlic powder
- Cut dough into 8 equal squares.
- Place squares on greased cookie sheet
- Place spoonful of Diced tomatoes on each square.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Wrap each square
- Top each roll with garlic butter
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes
- Serve with warm marinara sauce