Sweet potato casserole is a Thanksgiving classic, though this dish is perfect for any holiday celebration. Creamy mashed sweet potatoes with a toasted marshmallow topping makes this a side dish you can’t resist!
Mmm! So creamy with the marshmallows starting to melt into it!
I used a slow cooker for this recipe, mainly because it’s so darn easy! I can put it in the crockpot and move on to my other cooking for the day.
With dark brown sugar and the addition of the evaporated milk, you get a deliciously sweeter souffle. This slow cooker sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is a staple for Thanksgiving and Christmas in our house. And once you try it, I’m sure it will be in yours!
WATCH ME MAKE SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS!
- 4 sweet potatoes, boiled in salted water and mashed
- 5 TBSP Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- ½ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- ½ TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 5 OZ Evaporated Milk
- Mini-marshmallows to cover
- Combine everything in slow cooker except Evaporated Milk and Marshmallows.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 1 hour +/-, add Evaporated Milk and stir to combine. Continue cooking on low.
- When ready to serve, pull slow cooker insert and cover sweet potatoes with marshmallows.
- Place under broiler for 30 - 60 seconds, just enough to brown the marshmallows.
- Remove from broiler and serve hot / warm.